Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Doctor Who News: New Companion for Series 7 Named!




It’s big news day folks. The news DOCTOR WHO fans have waited to hear since learning that Amy and Rory would be leaving the show and a new companion would be accompanying the Doctor on his adventures has finally dropped.

Announced today, Jenna-Louise Coleman (EMMERDALE) will be the new companion joining Matt Smith’s Doctor after the departure of Amy and Rory, which will happen (according to showrunner Steven Moffat) in Episode 5.

I applaud the choice simply because I am a big fan of EMMERDALE and Jenna’s role on it. I think she’ll provide a great foil to Smith’s manic Doctor.

What does everyone think about this choice? Aside from blowing my crackpot theory about it being The Master out of the water, I am curious to find out where she’ll be from and what her backstory will be.

UPDATE: I've added a video below of Jenna's first interview about the part. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I've never heard of her. . . but I'm excited for some new blood on the show.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...