Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Cover Art: Late Eclipses by Seanan McGuire

While I have not yet read Seanan McGuire's October Daye series, I am significantly intrigued by the premise of them...and I keep seeing the gorgeous McGrath covers in the bookstore....

They are about a mortal halfbreed between the world of humans and Faerie, who seems to have problems belonging in either world. Yup, sounds cool to me. I am suprisingly picky about my urban fantasy, and out of all the ones I have tried, the only ones I think can do the job so far are Jim Butcher, Patricia Briggs and Mike Carey, and I'll give points to Kim Harrison even though she get's a tad on the romantic side for my taste. It's time I add another urban fantasy author to the list....we'll see how she does.

The first three books are: ROSEMARY & RUE, A LOCAL HABITATION, and AN ARTIFICIAL NIGHT .

Anyways, the cover of the fourth book in the series is now online. Have a gander below! Chris McGrath is totally one of my fave fantasy cover artists (he does the ones for Butcher's Dresden Files amongst others)

I am seriously considering picking up the first book in this series as I think I am due for some urban fantasy in December maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...